of Faith of the Apologetics Resource Center
1. We believe that the 66 books of the Bible, inerrant and
infallible in the original writings, are inspired by God
and are the supreme and final authority for mankind.
2. We believe that while the truth of the Bible is supported
by the witness of the church and many evidences through the
ages, these Scriptures are true and are the final authority
because they are authored by and are declared to be by God
3. We believe that God has revealed Himself through His
Son and through the Old and New Testaments which bear witness
4. We believe that there is one true God eternally existing
in one essence, nature or Being, yet in three co-equal Persons,
the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man,
one Person with two natures, was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of a virgin.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third Person of
the Godhead sent to convict the world of sin - to indwell,
guide, empower, sanctify, and provide spiritual gifts in
believers - bearing witness of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe that all mankind, uniquely created in the
image of God, sinned and thereby incurred not only physical
death but spiritual death, which is separation from God.
8. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died as a representative
and substitutionary sacrifice and atonement on the cross,
and was raised bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven
for our sin.
9. The true Church consists of all those who have put their
faith or trust only in the completed, finished work of Jesus
Christ and are therefore justified on the basis of Christ's
sole righteousness imputed to the believer by grace through
faith alone - those having been born again unto a process
of sanctification by the Holy Spirit.
10. We believe in the future return of Jesus Christ and
the resurrection of the just and the unjust, the just to
everlasting life, and the unjust to eternal punishment.
11. We affirm that other religions and ideologies are not
alternative paths to God, and that human spirituality if
unredeemed by Christ, leads not to God but to judgment, for
Jesus Christ is the only way.
12. We affirm that God has committed to the whole church
and every member of it to the task of making Christ and His
truths known throughout the world, and we long to see all
lay and ordained persons mobilized and trained for this privileged
13. We believe that Christian apologetics is the vindication
of Christian truth claims and philosophy of life against
the various forms of non-Christian philosophies of life.
It is the responsibility of every Christian to be equipped
in some knowledge and use of apologetics.
14. We affirm that doing the work of apologetics should
include the following three dimensions: (a) Apologetics as
proof - presenting a rational basis for faith that confronts
unbelief in the believer as well as in the unbeliever; (b)
Apologetics as defense - answering the objections and overcoming
the barriers of unbelief; (c) Apologetics as offense - demonstrating
or revealing the foolishness of unbelieving thought and world-views
in conflict with the Christian faith.
15. We affirm that in doing the work of apologetics we are
to stress that God is also interested in the character of
the Christian and in the manner in which truth is communicated.
The Christian must speak the truth in love, not being quarrelsome,
able to teach, correcting the error with gentleness, kindness,
patience, and humility.
16. We affirm that in our proclamation of the Gospel we
recognize the urgency of calling all to decision to receive
and follow Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and to do so
lovingly without coercion and manipulation.
17. We affirm our obligation as servants of God, to lead
lives of holiness and moral purity, knowing that we exemplify
Christ to the Church and to the world.
18. We affirm that we who claim to be members of the Body
of Christ must transcend the barriers of race, gender, class,
and non-essential doctrinal matters within the Body.
19. We affirm that God is calling the whole church to take
the whole gospel to the whole world; so we determine to proclaim
it faithfully, urgently and sacrificially until He comes.